Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Empties ( + mini reviews)

I personally LOVE empties videos on Youtube (I'm addicted). I love knowing what kinds of products people are using and because the product is empty, they can give their honest review on it and tell you if they will buy it again which is just perfect. So, I've collected my beauty trash and I'm going to share it with you.

Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo x 2

I really enjoyed this dry shampoo! It smelt amazing, it made my hair feel clean and it didn't make my roots look white/ chalky. However, when I started getting close to the end, it wouldn't mix up to become a powder anymore. In the one bottle, there is still a ton of product left and I can't use it.
The Verdict: Although there are many positives to this dry shampoo, they do not out weight the fact that some of the product gets wasted, therefore, I will not be buying this again.



9 To 5 Cleansing Lotion

I LOVE this cleanser. It removes all my of my makeup and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft. This product is created by LUSH, which means this cleanser is made with mostly natural ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and this product does not irritate it at all.
The Verdict: I will be repurchasing this product again (I'm actually half way through a bottle right now).

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in the color Nude

I got this in a 500 point perk from Sephora in May. I enjoy tinted moisturizers in general and this one was no different. This product blended nicely and evened out my skin tone, which was great. The color was 0.5 of a shade too dark for my skin tone, but it looked pretty good.
The Verdict: I probably won't repurchase this tinted moisturizer mostly because I have three full bottles of other brands to try/ use.




Simple Eye Make Up Remover Pads x 2

I like these remover wipes. I buy the eye ones because I don't use a wipe on my face and I find it wasteful to use a full wipe just on my eyes. These wipes removes mascara, waterproof eyeliner, regular eyeliner, and eye shadow without pulling or tugging on your eyelid and eyelashes. I also like how these wipes stay moist even after you open the package. The packaging for the wipes is small enough to carry in your purse and it makes them easy to travel with.  These remover wipes and all other products by Simple are formulated for sensitive skin and I personally have never had a problem with them.
The Verdict: I will be buying this product again, once I get through some other packages of wipes.

e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set

I found this setting spray at Target and it was only four dollars (Canadian). I enjoyed this setting spray because on the price but also because it worked really good for a drugstore product. I did find it worked better if I used it before/after I put my primer on and again after I finished setting my foundation/concealer with my powder. This is the first e.l.f. product I've tried, but I'm excited to try more in the future,
The Verdict: I will buy this product again because the price is just too good to pass up.



Eau Roma Water

This is a toner made by LUSH. This product helps hydrate dry skin and its great for sensitive skin. After using this toner, my skin feels more hydrated and this toner has never irritated my sensitive skin. I use this after washing my face with the 9 To 5 cleansing lotion and they are the perfect pair in my books.
The Verdict: I have already repurchased this toner and I will continue to purchase it because it works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask

Yet another product by LUSH. This is the blueberry fresh face mask. These face masks are only available in store because they are made with fresh ingredients and they need to be refrigerated. This face mask is cooling and calming which helps sore and troubled skin. I use this every other day and it works wonders. It takes the redness out of my skin and it makes my skin soft and refreshed. I find this face mask helps the sensitivity in my skin. I also find if I run out of this mask and go awhile with out it, my skin misses it.
The Verdict: I will be repurchasing this product the minute I am near a LUSH store.


The Porefessional by Benefit

This is just a sample size of this product that I believe I got as a free sample from Sephora. I did get five uses out of this sample. I like this product but I don't love it. I don't have a problem with large pores, so I find using pore minimizing primers kind of useless. But since I have a couple samples of this, I will be using them so they don't go to waste.
The Verdict: I will not be purchasing a full of this because I don't need it.

Garnier BB cream in light

I love this BB cream. I bought this because my friend Bree raves about it all the time. Now I'm raving about it. This BB cream is formulated to even out your skin tone and it is true to its claim. This BB cream feels like I'm wearing nothing on my skin. Like I said before, I like tinted moisturizers and BB creams in general, but this one is the cream of the crop.
The Verdict: This is 100 per cent a repurchase!





Dior Diorskin Pore Minimizer

I got this sample recently in my online Sephora haul. I did get two uses out of this sample. This product does the same job as The Porefessional, which is probably why I wasn't in love with it. It felt nice on my skin but when I would spray my makeup setting spray, it would flake away, so it didn't give my makeup a smooth surface.
The Verdict: I won't purchase a full size bottle. If you need a pore minimizing primer go with The Porefessional, this Dior one is expensive.

Benefit Badgal Lash Mascara

This was a love for me but since I have found other mascaras that work better, it has just become a liked mascara. The Badgal Lash holds a curl very well and made my lashes look fuller and longer, it rarely flaked and it was easy to remove.
The Verdict: I won't be repurchasing this mascara because I have too many others I have to use and I have fallen out of love with it.





L'Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer in the color n-1-2-3 fair/light

I used this crayon concealer until its last little bit. I love this concealer because it is easy to use and it blends so easily. Since it is in a crayon form it is so easy to travel with and carry around in your purse for midday touchups. It has decent coverage, however it does crease when I use it as an under eye concealer. Ever since I found this, it has been a staple in my make up case.
The Verdict: I have already repurchased this item and I will continue to repurchase.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in 100 Ivory

My mom found this sample in a magazine she bought and gave it to me to try. I only got one use out of this sample, but that is all it took for me to really like it. The color was a little dark for me but I blended it out enough that it worked. I was a little weary of this product because it is a full coverage foundation but it was light weight and still gave awesome coverage. This foundation claims to stay matte and IT DOES. I don't have oily skin, but this still made my skin matte.
The Verdict: I just recently purchased a full size, in the color light porcelain and I am super excited to wear this more.

Benefit They're Real Mascara

I believe I got this sample in the birthday gift for 2013 from Sephora. I got more than 20 uses out of it and probably could have gotten more but it has dried up. This mascara is perfect for making you're lashes long and separated, almost like false lashes. This mascara doesn't hold a curl well but it looks amazing layered with the Badgal lash mascara.
The Verdict: I have a full size bottle of this mascara because I bought it before I got the sample, however it is drying up as well. I won't be repurchasing the full size again because I have too many mascaras that I have to use.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance

I got this in the 500 point perk at Sephora in May. I liked this primer. It has a bit of sheen in it because it is the Radiance formulation, but this sheen did not show up after I applied my make up. It gave me a smooth surface to apply my make up too and I also found it helped tone down the redness in my skin, which is always good.
The Verdict: I will buy the full size foundation primer once I am done all my samples and the primer I am using now, but I probably won't get the Radiance one.



Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

I wrote about my love for this mascara in my June monthly favorites and I am very sad to say this sample has officially dried up. This mascara gave my lashes length and volume. It held a curl well and it kept my lashes separated. The formula also didn't clump up and it didn't flake.
The Verdict: I will be purchasing a full size in this mascara once I work my way through more of the mascara I have.


That is all of my beauty trash. Do you like empties videos and posts as much as I do? Have you tried anything I have used up? The bigger question though, is anyone as big of a mascara junkie as I am??

Stay beautiful,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment