Monday, September 15, 2014

September Ipsy Unboxing

I recently got my September Ipsy bag and I am pretty excited about it. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping). Here is what I got in my September Ipsy bag.


September's theme is Street Style


Mitchell and Peach Hand Cream

Out of everything in my bag, this is the item I am least excited about. This hand cream is blended with vitamin E, Shea butter and English honey. I don't use hand cream regularly but decided to give this a try. This product smells absolutely awful! I had to wash my hands to get rid of the smell and the greasy feeling this cream left. Overall, this was not a product I am going to keep.

Avon Big & Daring Mascara

This mascara is supposed to give "explosive" volume. I like having new mascaras to try and the Avon mascaras I have tried in the past have been quite good. I will say, I am a little disappointed that Ipsy included this product because I can always get Avon mascara. I am happy that this product is full size.





Swatch of  Basic Instinct
Caitlyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in 09 Basic Instinct

I have heard of this brand from other beauty bloggers but I have never tried it, so I am very excited about this. The color looks like a peach nude which is a great basic color for anyone in my opinion. The applicator is similar to the Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Glosses. I find this lip gloss to be thick and very sticky. It does have a great color pay off.




Be a Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder

Again, I have heard of this brand but I have not tried it. I am very excited about this translucent setting powder because I want to see if it measures up to the Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. I am also very happy to receive this product because setting powders are always good to have.






Pacifica Nail Color in Red Red Wine

This nail polish is the perfect fall red. This nail polish is 100% vegan and it is cruelty-free. Also, this polish is seven free, meaning it is formulated without any of the harsh chemicals. The box the polish came in claims that the nail polish is fast drying and long wearing.

That is everything that came in my Ipsy bag. Overall, I am rating this bag a three and a half stars out of five because I am excited about the nail polish, the lip gloss and the setting powder. I like having the mascara but the hand cream was a giant disappointment. Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your September bag?

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, please use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment